Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Dark I Know Well

I don't have much to say lately. Rather, I don't have much that I care to say.

I haven't really left the house much because I've been sick. Looking forward to tomorrow's doctor's appointment; hoping some sort of functional resolution will be achieved.

Regardless, life is good and unexpected and I'm trying not to base my expectations and happiness on the actions (or potential inactions) of others. All I will say about it is that I'm enjoying what's happening and I hope that it continues.

As much as it scares me to say this, I've been reconsidering the idea of finishing my degree in state. I've spent so long wanting to get out, that the very notion that I would be better off in Arizona is...disconcerting, to say the least. Now that I'm no longer tied to Phoenix, I'm seeing all of the amazing things Phoenix has to offer. Especially in terms of a career, I think it might actually be feasible to market my art and continue to grow as an artist (a concept so foreign to me in my anti-Phoenix daze). I will, however, still continue with the application process, but I suppose it's comforting to know that I have options (that I would be happy with, no less).

Working on some really...fun work for next month. There's something just plain delightful to me about utilizing kid's art supplies to make fine art. The bits and pieces I've finished thus far are turning out quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment